Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Now Playing

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
La Femme - Foutre le Bordel

no idea, no idea

• Freak Of The Week
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• The ChemBase Team

• The ChemBase Team
Just gave Air's Dolby Atmos mix of "10 000hz Legend" a listen. What a wonderful album, and the Atmos mix gives it even more depth. I wish more bands would release this kind of stuff. Imagine a surround mix of Surrender or No Geography !

• Freak Of The Week
Yeah, I've been enjoying quite a few surround mixed albums, from Led Zeppelin, Depeche Mode to Nick Cave and few discs of classical music.
While many are pretty amazing (there are sounds you simply cannot hear properly in stereo mix) some are terribly mixed, like Led Zeppelin II - Whole Lotta Love solo guitar is too quiet, for instance.
Nick Cave is also a mixed bag - some older albums are pretty great, but few have his vocals rerecorded, with various results.
He sings inno my arms instead of into my arms on Boatman's Call, for example.  :o
No, I'm not joking. 
Depeche Mode, on the other hand, is simply fantastic.
Would recommend to any DM fan.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team

Not sure if anyone else here is a League of Legends addict fan, but outside of the game they have been crushing it the last few years. I know K-Pop is not many people's thing but the music team at Riot created a fictional K-Pop group with characters from their game (voiced by one of my favourite real life groups) and it's so beautifully produced.

Anywho. Thought there may be some cross over appreciation for this track at least.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2021, 20:30 by Enjoyed »  
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• Galvanizer

Sonoio is the side project of Allesandro Cortini (live band member for Nine Inch Nails). I actually didn't know until Spotify dropped this track on me randomly. It ended up on repeat for the past couple of days.

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Let your heart see the colors all around you
And the darkness that you fear will disappear

• Galvanizer

Not sure if anyone else here is a League of Legends addict fan, but outside of the game they have been crushing it the last few years. I know K-Pop is not many people's thing but the music team at Riot created a fictional K-Pop group with characters from their game (voiced by one of my favourite real life groups) and it's so beautifully produced.

Anywho. Thought there may be some cross over appreciation for this track at least.

Honestly, the new TFT set is legitimately good.

• Burst Generator
  • trying

:music

I haven't listened to this album in a long time, and I feel like a million bucks!

• Pioneer
  • This is my kind of music
Three kinds, six total for you:

REMIXES

Pet Shop Boys remixes by Trouser Enthusiasts, classic 90s dance.

ORIGINAL MUSIC

Who knew that Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner could make such great music together? Appropriately cheesy, too.

This one has vocals by Neil Tennant (of Pet Shop Boys)!

SOUNDTRACKS

Cristobal Tapia De Veer's soundtrack for Utopia: atmospheric and interesting at every turn.

And I reserve (What?) the right to live (Where?)
my life this way (How?) I couldn't give a
damn when I (What?) hear people say (Who?)
I'll pay the price that others pay

• The ChemBase Team

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
RIP Hank

no idea, no idea

• Burst Generator
  • trying

• Burst Generator
  • trying

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
^ So that instrumental version of Autumn Leaves (1958) is a cover of a song released by Jo Stafford in 1950 (English version). Which in turn is a cover of the 1946 French song/poem “Les Feuilles Mortes,”

The vocal version was later covered by Coldcut in 1993, with a number of remixes.
One of those mixes (the one below, I think) was then sampled by Way Out West in 2000 to create perhaps my favourite version of the song, with a new title (but your version ain't bad either Bosco!)

DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• Burst Generator
  • trying
^ Thanks for sharing all the different versions.

The reason why the Cannonball Adderley version caught me in the first place, is because the open bass riff is the similar to the one on Massive Attack's 'Black Milk'

Spoiler
[close]

but in fact the actual sample for 'Black Milk' comes from Manfred Mann's 'Tribute'

Spoiler

[close]

as for where Manfred Mann's sample influence came from, well that's more than likely Cannonball Adderley version of 'Autumn Leaves' (technically being played by Sam Jones on Bass).

Music can open some wonderful doors.

Edit: I slashed out sample because I'm not sure people were sampling others music in 1972
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2021, 16:21 by Bosco »  

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team

Probably one of my favourite songs of all time ever.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2021, 09:05 by Enjoyed »  

• Galvanizer

Probably one of my favourite songs of all time ever.

"You are going to Racita to make love to a model whose name you do not know."

Took me a few listens initially to enjoy it--you have to admit it's a little ridiculous at first. But there certainly is a brilliance to that band, and I agree that it's exemplified in this track. It spectacularly carves out a place of solitude.

My favorite Soul Coughing track is Lazy Bones. Best played when you have to wake up too early.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2021, 13:01 by MadPooter »  

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team

One of a few times you can definitely hear Lee & Andy channeling their inner Tom & Ed.

My favorite Soul Coughing track is Lazy Bones. Best played when you have to wake up too early.

One of their lovelier tunes. Along with Soft Serve and True Dreams.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!