Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

2015 - North Coast Music festival - chicago

Started by chemreact, Jun 30, 2015, 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic
The thought of getting the festival-that-shalt-not-be-named ella'd was a sad one.  No encore, but at least we don't get cheated.

The only time I will ever have seen an encore is 2007. Das Spiegal ohhhh yeah. Tom broke out the little keyboard that you blow into.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad things got straightened out.  Funny that Tom acknowledges this before the actual festival does. Good job social media.

The schedule is fixed via the website:
http://lineup.northcoastfestival.com/events/2015/09/06/

Also, The encore for 2007 Chicago show was Das Spiegal > The Sunshine Underground

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 22, 2015, 00:46

Glad things got straightened out.  Funny that Tom acknowledges this before the actual festival does. Good job social media.

Also, The encore for 2007 Chicago show was Das Spiegal > The Sunshine Undergroundand it was fucking wonderful. 

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 22, 2015, 00:46

Also, The encore for 2007 Chicago show was Das Spiegal > The Sunshine Underground

and it was fucking wonderful. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 22, 2015, 00:25

The thought of getting the festival-that-shalt-not-be-named ella'd was a sad one.  No encore, but at least we don't get cheated.

They're going to make a return to Coachella and own it!  Come on 2016!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 21, 2015, 20:27

Chems say they are booked to play 90 minutes at North Coast:

http://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/634819055044722693

I read the earlier posts about the 1hr 15 min set. i was gonna chime in and say 'well cant they just go a bit faster to get the whole setlist in?'

Good on you guys that the situation straightened out! i would of whined about it too.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 22, 2015, 00:25

"Hey....my eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'!  ;D
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2015, 05:54 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

That moment you realize this is actually in less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 22, 2015, 05:49

"Hey....my eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'!  ;D
Funny, I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire just two days ago

Can someone make a stick version of me and take it with them so I can feel like I'm there?

Don't worry if you have no idea what I look like. Just capture my essence.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

anyone willing to facetime or do some kind of live feed during their set?.. assuming that the reception there is plentiful.  :music

I got my Tascam working again! Let's do a live video stream of the concert by duct taping a smart phone and the Tascam to a cardboard cutout of Enjoyed's face on a stick. Will be perfect.
Never for money, always for love.

ZOMG guys - this is happening!  I was at the 2007 Chicago show and it was off the hook.  I remember even meeting Bosco.  So glad to see the community is still thriving. 

Quote from: chmandre on Aug 26, 2015, 21:53

ZOMG guys - this is happening!  I was at the 2007 Chicago show and it was off the hook.  I remember even meeting Bosco.  So glad to see the community is still thriving. 
Bosco exists in real life ? :o I thought he was a myth

@chmandre

Hmmm, I met quite a few people that day. I'm drawing a blank identifying by your user name.

I've graduated from being the turd with the neon green shirt, to the asshole that throws water bottles at girls that sit on guys shoulders.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 26, 2015, 23:20

@chmandre

I've graduated from being the turd with the neon green shirt, to the asshole that throws water bottles at girls that sit on guys shoulders.

You still have the shirt? We could go with a memorable framed tshirt, or a ceremonial burning on the bbq grill.

thrown water bottles at girls on guys shoulders......sounds like a good carnival game.

Good vibe I'm sensing for this show.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 26, 2015, 17:34

I got my Tascam working again! Let's do a live video stream of the concert by duct taping a smart phone and the Tascam to a cardboard cutout of Enjoyed's face on a stick. Will be perfect.

Ha! I wonder who's got the mug here for a good oversized cardboard head.
I vote for you WN!
Oh and btw, after this show, you now owe us 2 reviews. Your falling behind sir!   ;D

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

yeah that shirt is long been retired (thank god). It's stowed away with all my other concert shirts in the back of my closet. 15 years down the line, I'll pull them out on a rainy day and tell my nieces and or nephews how I saw some cool shit.

Bosco is real. He even took me to some Bulls games. I would never have seen Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Durant/Russell WestTurtle otherwise. Oh, I actually saw Kevin Durant/Russel TaylorSwift/Scotty BrookieCookie at a Rockets game in Houston a month after...
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus hell, I need to get on the ball and figure out where I'm crashing for a few hours before the drive back to Cincinnati.