You Always Get Me Up When I'm Down

Facebook Mix 2007

Started by rynostar, Aug 03, 2017, 06:24

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm dragging this back up from the depths of yesteryear. My copy of the 2007 Facebook Mix (DJ set, also known as Hot mix) is on my old computer with my friend in DC/VA. I won't have access to it until October when I head back to play a party.

I'm going into the tracklisting for the YMO mix that Soulwax produced and come across Haruomi Hosono - Super Xevious track at 34:27.

https://soundcloud.com/deewee-2/yellow-magic-orchestra-mix

I look into the track on youtube as I am playing a anime convention afterparty in a few weeks and am lost down the rabbit hole of old vg tracks. Then I come across this...

https://youtu.be/49ZK_EVWIBM?t=6m15s

Wait...wasn't that the start of the Facebook Mix??? Do I even still have that? CRAP! It's on the other computer. Can I find it on Youtube/Mixcloud/Soundcloud....CRAP! Can't even find the track listing.

In other words. Anyone have a link to the mix and/or have the track listing? Did we ever know that track? Is this why Bosco is named Bosco?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Aug 03, 2017, 06:24

https://youtu.be/49ZK_EVWIBM?t=6m15s

Wait...wasn't that the start of the Facebook Mix???
Yes
Quote from: rynostar on Aug 03, 2017, 06:24

In other words. Anyone have a link to the mix and/or have the track listing? Did we ever know that track? Is this why Bosco is named Bosco?
It's also known as Digital Decks as you probably remember. I cribbed that tracklisting from Discogs for my 'copy' of the FB mix. I wasn't here in 2007, so I don't know if the forum had anything for the listing that isn't on that Discogs listing. I would wager you have made a new 'spot' though.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 03, 2017, 09:18
It's also known as Digital Decks as you probably remember.

Achh! I still refuse to call it that since the Digital Decks is the bootleg where someone outside Tom and Ed is likely making the money-s (But if T&E are making money off it...well....then I've overspoken). Mind you, as you pointed out Skyscraper, depending on when certain fourmies arrived here it may be more familiar as one name or the other.

I'll do a hunt in the archive later to see if I can track down more info.

No, not named after Bosconian  :))

But I've payed homage to one at this fantastic arcade out here in Brookfield Illinois called Galloping Ghost Arcade! They note themselves as the biggest arcade in the world, in terms of total unique games. If you grew up during the golden age of Arcades, I totally recommend anyone to make the trip if you are here in the Chicagoland area. It delivers a special type of nostalgia that can't be described.

back to the subject of this thread.... to be honest, I don't remember this mix, So I would be curious to hear this one again as well

I've got an unverified and incomplete tracklist for the hot mix which is about 20 min shorter than the 2007 FB mix. The intro that you've found (yes it's the one, great find by the way!!!) is not listed there:

Chemical Brothers Hot Mix

Achim Reichel And Machines - 'As If I Had Seen All This Before' (Polydor)
Cabaret Voltaire – 'Sensoria' (Virgin)
Rappermatical 5 – 'Party People' (Stones Throw)
Chemical Brothers – 'No Need' (Virgin)
Justice – 'Waters Beats' (Ed Banger Records)
Lil Louis – 'ideo Clash' (White Label)
The Charlatans – 'Feel The Pressure (The What Pressure? Remix)' (White Label)
Chemical Brothers – 'Do It Again' (Virgin)
Syclops Mom – 'The Video Broke!' (Tirk Records)
The Chemical Brothers – 'The Salmon Dance (Crookers Mix)' (Virgin)
Marc Houle – 'Bay Of Figs' (Minus)
Dj Rush / Soulwax / Switch/Digitalism - 'The Wiard (Rush Chemical Edit)' (White Label)
Vitalic And Mbv – 'Newman Made Me Realise (Chemical Edit)' (White Label)
Lcd Soundsystem – 'Freak Out' (DFA Records)
J Dilla – 'Da Factory' – (Stone Throw Records)
Unknown Soldiers – 'Bonus Beats' (White Label)
Soundtrack Excerpt – 'The Wozzard Of Iz' (White Label)
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017, 00:16 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 03, 2017, 21:40

No, not named after Bosconian  :))

But I've payed homage to one at this fantastic arcade out here in Brookfield Illinois called Galloping Ghost Arcade! They note themselves as the biggest arcade in the world, in terms of total unique games. If you grew up during the golden age of Arcades, I totally recommend anyone to make the trip if you are here in the Chicagoland area. It delivers a special type of nostalgia that can't be described.

YES!!! There's a bucket list item for me.

Quote from: Csar on Aug 04, 2017, 00:09

I've got an unverified and incomplete tracklist for the hot mix which is about 20 min shorter than the 2007 FB mix. The intro that you've found (yes it's the one, great find by the way!!!) is not listed there:

YES! 1-up! I'm not going crazy then. I still love this mix. The first five tracks (including the newly Bosconian track) still make me all the feels. No Need is still up there for b-sides in my rankings.

Looking more into that track, Nobuyuki Ohnagi was the composer on the original Bosconian game and Haruomi Hosono did the rearrange/remix. SO the listing probably would look like this...

Nobuyuki Ohnagi - Bosconian (Haruomi Hosono Rearrange)

I always wonder where they dig up these kind of obscure tracks/ sounds.. They must be digging hard or really listening to lots of lots of lots of stuff. Fascinating.

I love that intro and segue!

So, this is the arcade game (21 sec in):

Last Edit: Aug 05, 2017, 11:44 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Does anyone have a link to this mix? think it's the only one i'm missing and sounds great. Cheers

PM'd you.
— Aurora (The Seed)

to all those that answered the call thankyou. I've been gone a little while & it's nice to see so much love still existing. It's a great mix as well, pretty different to everything else x