Feels Like I'm Dreaming

Live Again

Started by gpro2005, Jun 21, 2023, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jun 28, 2023, 17:46
6:37 Extended Mix available at Beatport, so there are 3 different versions (the regular version is 5:00 and the Single Edit 3:22)
https://www.beatport.com/release/live-again-extended-mix/4178606

The album cut is 5:09

Lyrics in the YouTube description of todays video:

There was trust without fear
The truest thing i ever did
I'm hoping you're near
The truest thing i ever said
Yeah, we'll live again
Yeah, we'll live again
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I finally stopped overplaying this track like I was a young new fan who just discovered the band. Now the video came out and I am back at it. I really love this song.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 20, 2023, 13:09
I finally stopped overplaying this track like I was a young new fan who just discovered the band. Now the video came out and I am back at it. I really love this song.
I feel this! 

For me, when the song isn't playing, it's wiggling about in my brain.:D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 20, 2023, 13:09
literally myself. 
I've heard the No Reason and Live Again so many times that it can be counted in hours. 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Here's the BTS and YT page from Josia (dancer). Guessing she is also is choreographer considering her Talent Showreel lists her choreo background.

https://www.youtube.com/@JosipaKu/
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Sat the household down and watched the video on our big screen (their first time), simultaneously treating our newish sound system to Live Again. Damn it sounds sooooo so good!

I am loving that cameo (and the arriving spaceship which Of course got a giiggle out of the hubs, 'oooooo where there's Tom and Ed, there is a wizard spaceship that appears" :D) It's such a fun video, and the dancer nails the moves and facial expressions!

Gonna watch the making of bit that ryno posted!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Greetings from Greece, if anyone is using Apple Music, i need a copy of this in my life:

no idea, no idea

Stripped down, looped and filtered version, not that much going on compared to the original mix, quite weird
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Oh and the extended mix hit the streaming as well ;) 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Maybe it's meant to be a more DJ friendly mix?

Live Again (Maya Jane Coles Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 03, 2023, 23:55
Maybe it's meant to be a more DJ friendly mix?

Live Again (Maya Jane Coles Remix)

Maybe it is, but does it work as one? Dunno :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Hmmm.

Honest thoughts? Maya had no interest in remixing the original. She's done some great stuff before, such as:

but this Live Again remix, like a lot of the recent remixes, feels completely phoned in (literally with some of the weird, unnecessary filtering of the vocals).

Is it DJ friendly? I can't imagine someone wanting to put that into a mix personally. You could make your own live edit of the original by looping, filtering, and using a more interesting drum loop, and get a much more dynamic sounding result.
It sounds to me like scraps of a demo that was lying around, with the bare minimum to constitute a 'new' version of the song added on top.

Pretty disappointed. Her vibe is definitely minimal, but this sounds stripped to the bone.

Where are the folks who are fucking jazzed to remix The Chems? Jazzed and talented.

Also, and maybe Wolken will agree as I know he always spots these similarities, the main melody/loop/whatever you want to call it, seems very similar to this classic (?) from the dance music world:

Now. The J Majik remix of that one ^^^^ That's a fucking treat.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 27, 2023, 17:42
Greetings from Greece, if anyone is using Apple Music, i need a copy of this in my life:

Just listened (Episode 375). Set starts with, Beck & Phoenix - "Odyssey" and then The Chemical Brothers - "Live Again". Elton doesn't add much, just that he's a fan of their albums, "productivity", and how they are able to create new sounds. Says he will play more music from new album once it's released.

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Aug 03, 2023, 22:45
Oh and the extended mix hit the streaming as well ;)
So the extended version is on Spotify but not on Beatport. Hmmm
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 04, 2023, 02:39
this Live Again remix, like a lot of the recent remixes, feels completely phoned in (literally with some of the weird, unnecessary filtering of the vocals).
Also, and maybe Wolken will agree as I know he always spots these similarities, the main melody/loop/whatever you want to call it, seems very similar to this classic (?) from the dance music world:
[Hatiras / SPACED INVADER (Original Mix)]
Now. The J Majik remix of that one ^^^^ That's a fucking treat.

Yeah, I guess the way MJC has filtered it, it kinda sounds like that Spaced Invader track. And also her choice of claps/drum sounds is very house-y (and boring), so that adds to the similarity.
I'm not particularly a fan of Spaced Invader (sorry!), and after a couple of plays I don't think I'm a fan of this Live Again remix.

I can't say I'm disappointed surprised though. I've heard Pete Tong play a fair bit of MJC's stuff on his show. It tends to just wash past me - neither engaging me nor annoying me - she's just... ok.

I'm not as negative about some of the other recent remixes as you are Enjoyed, but this one is thoroughly unremarkable. I guess she's a well known name though - so it might help to get the Chems into the "record bags" and ears of current DJs and clubbers.

Remember when KOKOKO! did a remix of Eve Of Destruction? It was certainly a left field choice, but I doubt it did much to make the Chems sound current in clubland (or at least spread exposure). Perhaps this time the idea is to get as many current 'names' as possible attached to Chems remixes for the sake of exposure/relevancy.

Personally I'd like a remix by Adana Twins or Red Axes. Red Axes have featured in Chems DJ sets before. In fact, wouldn't it be good if the Chems selected the kind of current artists who they actually play for remixing duties? I don't think they've ever played Maya Jane Coles in a DJ set, have they?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 04, 2023, 07:22
So the extended version is on Spotify but not on Beatport. Hmmm
Isn't it?
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2023, 17:32 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 04, 2023, 09:47
Isn't it?
Haven't seen it when i was looking

Edit: Was talking about the remix, the extended version of that isn't on beatport

Edit2: Ok there isn't an extended version of the remix on spotify either. JRSZ posting looked like he was talking about the remix when posting the link to the "extended mix"
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 04, 2023, 09:47
Personally I'd like a remix by Adana Twins or Red Axes. Red Axes have featured in Chems DJ sets before. In fact, wouldn't it be good if the Chems selected the kind of current artists who they actually play for remixing duties? I don't think they've ever played Maya Jane Coles in a DJ set, have they?

Kayos Bros remix, please.  I've heard they're pretty good!