Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 06, 2023, 21:40
Just heard the snippet of the first five minutes of the audiobook and literally blown away. I'm considering buying it so I can do read along with the actual book.

What makes the audiobook so good that it blew you away?

Quote from: hubie on Nov 06, 2023, 18:48
On a related note, for anyone in London...

The Chemical Brothers + Friends: 'Paused In Cosmic Reflection' In Conversation @ EartH Theatre
I have just purchased a ticket for this. Bit of an excursion for school night.

The band are normally very guarded in interviews, but I'm guess this is more a chat with friends. Should be good. Great value this seeing as they are throwing a signed copy of the book on the ticket price. Might get this book  before the super deluxe, super delayed version!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 07, 2023, 20:34

The band are normally very guarded in interviews, but I'm guess this is more a chat with friends. Should be good. Great value this seeing as they are throwing a signed copy of the book on the ticket price. Might get this book  before the super deluxe, super delayed version!

Sweet! 😊
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Got my hardbound copy today four hours before work.  Got home 2 hours ago, reached Further.  No review yet other than Whirly's section was beautiful.  <3

Quote from: Paused on Nov 06, 2023, 19:05
Can't believe I missed out on the collectors version, but maybe a cancellation will pop up and a couple will be available, doubtful but just holding out..
Be quick, at least one Collectors Edition is back in stock: https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection?variant=44023221485812

Awaiting Stock?! Order cancelations after the delay? Strange

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Nov 08, 2023, 08:15
Be quick, at least one Collectors Edition is back in stock: https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection?variant=44023221485812

YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME! So wish I'd checked this thread earlier, DANG IT! - if anyone see's another on sale please DM me so I can get a notification in my inbox (just updated my settings!) and have a better chance!
Last Edit: Nov 08, 2023, 15:33 by Paused

This morning, the button looked different (as yellow as the one of the other editions) and I was able to put one book in my cart. Of course I didn't finish the process and wasn't able to add more than one item because of the "1 book per customer" limitation. If I were you, I'd save that link and click it every now and then in the upcoming days to not miss any other potential additional copies that become available again.

Quote from: Joslyn on Nov 07, 2023, 16:39
What makes the audiobook so good that it blew you away?
I think you mean the 'preview' of the audiobook.

The narrators description and audible representation of the scene, ambience, and the details of the club T and E performed back in the day. Imo his voice and storytelling sold it for me.

Besides, it's a free audiobook on Spotify!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Nice

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 08, 2023, 23:11
Besides, it's a free audiobook on Spotify!

What? :o Where?  :-X can you share a link?

I ended up asking WhiteRabbit if it was possible to ship the book by some other means than "standard" as I live in the US. They said it's not something they can offer. Fingers crossed I see the book by new years.

Quote from: Joslyn on Nov 09, 2023, 16:05
Nice
What? :o Where?  :-X can you share a link?
Seems you need to purchase it...
Music's killing me, music's killing me.

Quote from: Joslyn on Nov 09, 2023, 16:05
Nice
What? :o Where?  :-X can you share a link?
Get the Spotify app! The audiobook is free if you have a premium account.

Note: if you go to the Spotify website, they usually have a promo of 1 month free of Spotify premium.
Last Edit: Nov 10, 2023, 09:52 by inchemwetrust

Some poster promos for the book via WhiteRabbit
https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbitBks/status/1722664454343495734
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 10, 2023, 07:23
Get the Spotify app! The audiobook is free if you have a premium account.

Note: if you go to the Spotify website, they usually have a promo of 1 month free of Spotify premium.

Wait, wut? I have premium and the iOS app says it must be purchased beyond the preview.

It will also be free on Amazon Audible if you haven't used it before - even without a Prime Subscription i think
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 07, 2023, 20:34

Haha yeah I'm still waiting for my Deluxe Edition too. No doubt it will arrive either on the day of the talk, or the following morning  :))

Quote from: Biff on Nov 10, 2023, 15:11
Wait, wut? I have premium and the iOS app says it must be purchased beyond the preview.
I'm on Android!

Prior before release date, the audiobook was locked with only the preview available, and below it was a price ( I think it was 14.99)

When the release date arrived, it now says 'included in premium'

Just checked and on AMAZ Prime "Audible" you can listen to it for free if you choose the 60 day free trial.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Biff on Nov 10, 2023, 15:11
Same with me - on Android... 
Music's killing me, music's killing me.