Forum > The Social

Movies/Shows you're watching.

<< < (2/156) > >>

Nekcore:
I recently started to watch Black Mirror, and man, that's some dark sci fi thriller, it's kinda scary sometimes. Also watching continuum, great sci fi show IMO.

I want to start watching Doctor Who (2005 till now), never saw it in my life. Everybody keeps saying it's a great adventure show and quite entertaining.

About movies, I watched recently Ex-machina, awesome piece of work and Re-watched Mad Max again (to me, still best movie of 2015)

ACIDCHILDREN:

--- Quote from: chemreact on Jul 09, 2015, 18:52 --- I need a new obsession now that Game of Thrones's season is over but here is the thing, no other show comes close to the brilliance of GoT.

--- End quote ---

Why don't you read the books. Love GOT but a lot of season 5 was weak

Bendy1001:
I watch A LOT of movies (like a stack a week) but I haven't taken the time to get into a show for ages. Last thing I watched all the way through was Coyboy Bebop sometime last year. If I were to recommend a film, I might as well recommend anything good, cause I can't think of anything that would specifically fill the need for GoT. So... maybe go watch Lawrence of Arabia? It's fantastic and I saw it for the second time a week ago, so it was the first thing that popped into my head. I suppose for something slightly GoT related, you could just watch a bunch of films where Sean Bean dies! That's always fun! Who doesn't love Lord of the Rings?

whirlygirl:

--- Quote from: Bendy1001 on Jul 10, 2015, 19:21 ---I suppose for something slightly GoT related, you could just watch a bunch of films where Sean Bean dies! That's always fun! Who doesn't love Lord of the Rings?

--- End quote ---

Haha, that was laugh out loud funny!

satur8:
We just finished Sens8 (S1) on Netflix. It was good, but atypical. I don't want to give anything away, but the concept is somewhat cerebrial sci-fi and somewhat romance comedy drama. It started slow, but by the end, the viewer is fully immersed and informed. Its strength was showing LGBT characters as characters (and not simply plot devices).  Its weakness was lack of satisfying resolution in the last episode.

For perspective, most of my current  viewing habits are pretty geeky: Daredevil, Flash, Arrow, Wayward Pines, TMNT, Sherlock when it comes on, and Doctor Who. My opinion of Daredevil being the strongest, while Doctor Who is barely tolerable while Capaldi is given the back seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version