Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

• Galvanizer
I've seen Joker yesterday.
And it was first thing on my mind when I opened my eyes this morning.
Do I have to say it made an impression?
It's one of those movies I will not watch again anytime soon, if ever.
But I have to say, I didn't expect anyone to even come close to Ledger's Joker.
Phoenix did, and it's an achievement unto itself.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Wife and I finished up watching the second season of End of The Fucking World last night.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hard for me to pin point exactly why I like it, but I really do.
Very charming in an entirely un-charming way.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• Giant
  • trying
I've seen Joker yesterday.
And it was first thing on my mind when I opened my eyes this morning.
Do I have to say it made an impression?
It's one of those movies I will not watch again anytime soon, if ever.
But I have to say, I didn't expect anyone to even come close to Ledger's Joker.
Phoenix did, and it's an achievement unto itself.

I liked both Ledgers and Phoenix portrayals.

Ledger's portrayal was a cold blooded psychopath that was always one step ahead of the authorities and constantly challenging the psyche of anyone he interacted with. It's an unstoppable force when someone is absent of any morals. He tilted the scales in convincing fashion.

Phoenix's portrayal was
Spoiler
of a mentally ill, destitute, and socially deprived person who went on a downward-spiral because the systems in power failed him (both his parents and government). Despite his mentally ill state, he has sympathetic and is conscious of the well-being of others. His misfortunes, and bumbling actions which were controversial, led himself to being a disenfranchised hero. Whether you feel sympathetic to him is for you to decide. An option that Ledger's portrayal never had.
[close]

As for The Joker's, "re-watch-ablity"... I'm mostly with you guys... I don't need to see it again, or at least a while. That doesn't mean I thought it was a bad film, actually quite the opposite. It's a very stressful film though, where you have to be in the state-of-mind to comprehend it correctly.

I know the DC franchise can carry some weight in terms of where their loyal consumers spend dollars, but like I said before, it's quite shocking how well received this film is amongst a pretty sheltered movie-going public.

I think it's a must see, but not in the sense where you will be entertained. That sounds weird typing that.

• Galvanizer
A dude I work with didn't like the first two episodes of The Mandalorian. He is wrong.

I won't spoil anything because I know the U.S. has it early...although the internet is doing its best to ruin it for everyone.

I will say it's solid on all fronts, even if you are only a casual Star Wars fan. If you've ever loved ANY Star Wars, you will probably love this. I've very excited for the next episode.

• Giant
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
Needs a bit more...Blue Monday?

(Technically I'm not watching this as the thread suggests. Until next summer)
DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• The ChemBase Team
A dude I work with didn't like the first two episodes of The Mandalorian. He is wrong.

I won't spoil anything because I know the U.S. has it early...although the internet is doing its best to ruin it for everyone.

I will say it's solid on all fronts, even if you are only a casual Star Wars fan. If you've ever loved ANY Star Wars, you will probably love this. I've very excited for the next episode.
I loved the first 3 episodes but the 4th one was Xena Warrior Princess meets Pocahontas garbage.

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Needs a bit more...Blue Monday?

(Technically I'm not watching this as the thread suggests. Until next summer)

Honestly... This is really the first WB/DC trailer I've been really excited about since The Dark Knight trilogy. It definitely leans VEEEEERY heavily on the music but, props to them, I think it works!

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
I loved the first 3 episodes but the 4th one was Xena Warrior Princess meets Pocahontas garbage.
Yes, Episode 4 wasn't that good, and 5 was just a little better. Thing with all episodes so far => it looks like Star Wars but doesn't feel like Star Wars. Somehow i think they tell the story too fast. Let the episodes be 60 min long and gave the characters some more space to grow.
Spoiler
For example: Episode 3. The other Mandalorians hate the main character, they seem jealous and all, they battle him (even though it's only a fist fight) and five seconds later they fight side by side against "the guild" and know they have to leave all behind and start somewhere new. What's all about this?
[close]

Honestly... This is really the first WB/DC trailer I've been really excited about since The Dark Knight trilogy. It definitely leans VEEEEERY heavily on the music but, props to them, I think it works!
The first one was also a nice watch, for me it is the only real good movie of the DC Extended Universe movies. Gal Gadot does a perfect job playing Wonder Woman (and is nice to look at  ;) ). She also was the only good part of Superman vs. Batman and Justice League. I'm curious how they explain that Steve is alive.
no idea, no idea

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
The first one was also a nice watch, for me it is the only real good movie of the DC Extended Universe movies. Gal Gadot does a perfect job playing Wonder Woman (and is nice to look at  ;) ). She also was the only good part of Superman vs. Batman and Justice League. I'm curious how they explain that Steve is alive.

Completely agree. To clarify, this is the first TRAILER that I've been excited about. I don't remember being all that impressed with the original WW trailer, as much as I enjoyed the movie. And subsequent DC trailers have actively encouraged me not to watch the actual movie.

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
Seems i have overread the trailer part

Oh, and the new Ghostbusters trailer - not what i've expected. Not sure what i have expected, but it's not what is seen in the trailer.
no idea, no idea

• Freak Of The Week
  • Velodrome is within reach
Yes, Episode 4 wasn't that good, and 5 was just a little better. Thing with all episodes so far => it looks like Star Wars but doesn't feel like Star Wars. Somehow i think they tell the story too fast. Let the episodes be 60 min long and gave the characters some more space to grow.

Lucas had the stories of the original star wars in his head for like years and years before he shot the film, whereas the star wars of today, are quickly thought up within a fraction of the time lucas spent imagining them in his life. After this new film, I hope the franchise gets a new vision and a way longer grace period before it puts out another film.

Will see the film but im gonna laugh if Captain Phasma shows up again.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!