Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

• Giant
  • trying

I love Zimmer's music, I would advise everybody to see the live show. It is fantastic! On par with the Chems.

Very different experiences, but I'd advise the same.

For those that don't know, Zimmer tours with a wonderful orchestra. His music is extremely powerful when you strip it from the movie that its soundtrack to. During the show, they'll sometimes use clips of the films or make visual call backs that accent the music, otherwise it's just a spectacular array of fantastic musicians and vocalists that help bring Zimmer themes to life.

When I went to my show, the crowd was noticeably made up of young orchestral musicians and it was amazing how giddy they were to see him. 

I got my brother the Live Blu Ray for his birthday. We've yet to sit down and watch that though.

• Swiper
Story of Dune is very complex and one can really grasp it only after reading first few books

I wanted just to read the first one before the movie. And if I would like it, then maybe the rest later.
Do you think I should do it or maybe skip it for now to have a more compelling and fresh experience during the movie?
I know Denis Villeneuve won't disappoint :)
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

• Freak Of The Week
I wanted just to read the first one before the movie. And if I would like it, then maybe the rest later.
Do you think I should do it or maybe skip it for now to have a more compelling and fresh experience during the movie?
I know Denis Villeneuve won't disappoint :)

I would advise reading it later, after seeing the movie, for two reasons - first, and I might be wrong here, this movie covers about half of the book so if you read it further, you might spoil the story and second, I've read books after watching 1984 Dune and it really helped to ease myself into that universe, as I was by then already familiar with major characters and story arc - first book is almost 900 pages, if I remember correctly. Seeing movie first helped me quite a bit.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Giant
  • trying
Would anyone like to have a civil discussion about Dave Chappelle's new comedy special?  >:D

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
Would anyone like to have a civil discussion about Dave Chappelle's new comedy special?  >:D

If you haven't seen No Time To Die yet, then DON'T WATCH this. Spoilers galore.
I thought it was imperfect but also very intense. Never heard "F**k" before in a Bond film.

DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• Giant
  • trying

lol, can I at least take that this as confirmation that you have seen it? :D

Edit: anyone catch the Val Kilmer doc on Amazon Prime? I'm not not huge fan or anything, but it's hard to see someone so passionate about acting in the state he currently he is in. Worth a watch, I think.

'Real Genius' is a fun gem of the 80's!
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2021, 06:52 by Bosco »  

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!