What's this do? When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Found some footage of Leave Home's visuals from 2005! (and also how long until we get a full 2004/2005 video recording, surely it's just as likely as getting two 2002 shows...also acab <3)

I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: hstn on Sep 17, 2021, 02:09

Found some footage of Leave Home's visuals from 2005! (and also how long until we get a full 2004/2005 video recording, surely it's just as likely as getting two 2002 shows...also acab <3)



those alternate breaks!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Yeah, that was great about the 2005 sets. The breakbeats they used to mix BRB were rad, especially in the 2005 London set.


(it's the NYC one but they used the same mix).

Edit: better quality in the Werchter set that's on YT


The more I dig... Live in Tenerife
Last Edit: Sep 20, 2021, 22:14 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on Sep 20, 2021, 22:07

Yeah, that was great about the 2005 sets. The breakbeats they used to mix BRB were rad, especially in the 2005 London set.


(it's the NYC one but they used the same mix).

Edit: better quality in the Werchter set that's on YT


The more I dig... Live in Tenerife


does the london 05 set even exist in full? i remember whitenoise mentioning there was some recording that cut before close your eyes or something of that nature but i've never seen anything really pop up, unless it's the BBC ones already online
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

To be honest, I'd never questioned whether it was complete until you mentined it. I've got the set split into 2 files that add up to about 105 min and ends with the Reel. Couldn't imagine where Close Your Eyes would fit in there. The only time I'm aware of where they played CYE is the Live 05 promo EP. But I'm not sure at which concert it was featured (my hunch is it was recorded at a UK show so London do would make sense).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on Sep 21, 2021, 09:49

To be honest, I'd never questioned whether it was complete until you mentined it. I've got the set split into 2 files that add up to about 105 min and ends with the Reel. Couldn't imagine where Close Your Eyes would fit in there. The only time I'm aware of where they played CYE is the Live 05 promo EP. But I'm not sure at which concert it was featured (my hunch is it was recorded at a UK show so London do would make sense).
my theory is that it was added super late into the tours (like with Problem:Question & Wonders of the Deep. so my theory was that played maybe as an interlude between HTL & the reel. or fully replaced HTL)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Found this strange clip of Believe with a bunch of Vegetable Vision visuals??? Is this released anywhere officially?
Also I see some stuff that could very well be the source of those MAH forest visuals too

I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Most of the visuals on the video are used by Animal Track/Hoops (02-04)/Believe/MAH/OOC/BRB/WATN/UTI-IDM and the Love is All outro sequence; it's nice to see these visuals on a full screen, especially the WATN one.

(Also I think most of the running person visual throughout the video was unused, maybe it was taken off by a website we don't know???)
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Oct 08, 2021, 03:31

Most of the visuals on the video are used by Animal Track/Hoops (02-04)/Believe/MAH/OOC/BRB/WATN/UTI-IDM and the Love is All outro sequence; it's nice to see these visuals on a full screen, especially the WATN one.

(Also I think most of the running person visual throughout the video was unused, maybe it was taken off by a website we don't know???)

A lot of the camera tracking visuals I'm assuming were unused but others were used in Believe and Out Of Control most likely, all were definitely filmed by Adam and co.

There was a clip of Hold Tight London live I posted pages back which seems to imply some clips were used for that visual, the train ones were reused for BRB rather recently, and the yellow rays I'm assuming were for Golden Path, if not in '05 then definitely '07
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: hstn on Oct 07, 2021, 23:21

Found this strange clip of Believe with a bunch of Vegetable Vision visuals??? Is this released anywhere officially?
Also I see some stuff that could very well be the source of those MAH forest visuals too


For me it seems like unreleased promotional video
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Okay I know I always mainly post here trying to scour for more footage from the 04/05 tours I HOPE I can contribute way more with Chemical 10 on the horizon but I wanted to ask...

I've been considering putting together a film of sorts like what some fans have done for other Chems concerts (namely 2011) to put together like...a hypothetical video of the Push The Button tour and was wondering if some forumites would like to chip in?

I found some good resources on YouTube but are there any leads on the forum that could be of use that people have captured before? I wanna see if I could put everything together, including professional footage and sync it up to a bootleg...I haven't decided which set yet or which year either but I'll figure it out (it'll likely be 2005)

I hope I can be able to put it all together this year!

I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: hstn on Jan 30, 2022, 20:27

Okay I know I always mainly post here trying to scour for more footage from the 04/05 tours I HOPE I can contribute way more with Chemical 10 on the horizon but I wanted to ask...

I've been considering putting together a film of sorts like what some fans have done for other Chems concerts (namely 2011) to put together like...a hypothetical video of the Push The Button tour and was wondering if some forumites would like to chip in?

I found some good resources on YouTube but are there any leads on the forum that could be of use that people have captured before? I wanna see if I could put everything together, including professional footage and sync it up to a bootleg...I haven't decided which set yet or which year either but I'll figure it out (it'll likely be 2005)

I hope I can be able to put it all together this year!
I thought about it, after doing the 2002 one but it's going to be difficult. The only "professional" 2005 footage is Live at Isle of MTV and the rips that exist are in pretty bad quality (and that concert was not a typical 05 tour setlist, some stuff was truncated for TV). Using only footage from the crowd could be a lot of work, and it was at a time where not a lot of people filmed or posted online, so good luck to get a complete concert.
Using a complete 2005 recording from radio for the audio, the Isle of MTV footage as a base video, and filling the gaps with crowd footage might work

EDIT: I forgot about the ~10mn Werchter footage and the Rock am Ring. That's something. And the Glastonbury 2004 footage could also be used I guess

Quote from: hstn on Jan 30, 2022, 20:27

Okay I know I always mainly post here trying to scour for more footage from the 04/05 tours I HOPE I can contribute way more with Chemical 10 on the horizon but I wanted to ask...

I've been considering putting together a film of sorts like what some fans have done for other Chems concerts (namely 2011) to put together like...a hypothetical video of the Push The Button tour and was wondering if some forumites would like to chip in?

I found some good resources on YouTube but are there any leads on the forum that could be of use that people have captured before? I wanna see if I could put everything together, including professional footage and sync it up to a bootleg...I haven't decided which set yet or which year either but I'll figure it out (it'll likely be 2005)

I hope I can be able to put it all together this year!
I've been working on a compilation which blends sets together (like my 2007/08 superset but with 2004/05) Its still in draft but so you wanna use that, feel free to hit me up.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."


Quote from: neorev on Jun 20, 2022, 01:24



There is an intensity from older shows that I really miss. No one was bedazzled by timely choreographed or sleekly synchronized visuals, it was mind-bending music that thrilled the known and mystified the unknown. Regret not having the ability or mindset to be take part of a concert from the earlier part of their career.

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 20, 2022, 18:11

There is an intensity from older shows that I really miss. No one was bedazzled by timely choreographed or sleekly synchronized visuals, it was mind-bending music that thrilled the known and mystified the unknown. Regret not having the ability or mindset to be take part of a concert from the earlier part of their career.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly my thoughts.

BenJ's video is the shiznit:
Last Edit: Jun 20, 2022, 19:30 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Hadn't seen that video before, but the version of Hoops in it makes me get why they include in the sets more recently. They should make it more like that again live, the tiny bits of the vocal in it really make it feel raw and trippy.


Treat yourself with this 2007 recording:


(Don't know it it is new to us, it was uploaded a few days ago and just posted on the Forum FB group)



0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.