For That Beautiful Feeling

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
@Wolkenkrabber 

I only recognize Vinnie Jones and I generally like his characters in the movies I've seen! Obviously not a dynamic talent, but he certainly has a presence on screen. I think he'd be a good fit for Michael Fassbender older brother in a future project.

Galvanize is a sneaky go-to advertising favorite. Coming up this fall we'll be reaching 20 years of Galvanize and I'm curious how many big time companies have utilized it over the years. 

The Weight used in transitions from Tim Apple to other staff in latest Apple WWDC video for visionOS and iOS. Hit the chapter markers in the video to catch the song snippets.

https://www.youtube.com/live/RXeOiIDNNek?si=l7pRxkRPHw_3kCC3

35 mins into last night's Champions League Highlights show on BBC1, an explainer of the new format for this year's competition, showing us the golden path to the final.
As a music bed, they used the unreleased instrumental version of The Golden Path.

Oh and if you want to know more about the new format, here's a very similar explainer but with different music.

https://x.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1825899190574067922
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 22, 2024, 11:57
As a music bed, they used the unreleased instrumental version of The Golden Path.

:o

• I didn't know there was an instrumental of TGP
  • I also didn't know i need an instrumental of TGP
  • Now i know i need an instrumental of TGP
  • Why wasn't this instead of TPWHYN instrumental on the Sunday Times disc?
  • Or both?
  • We need another compilation full with unreleased, behind the couch and hard to find tracks. Still voting for a Singles 04-24* compilation with a full blown bonus disc

@Chemicalmat how did you get the instrumental?

Disc 1
Couple of singles from the past 20 years + 2 new tracks like always (both get a video, one gets a b-side on the single release)

Disc 2
- Hot Acid Rhythm 2
- The Golden Path (instrumental)
- Keep My Composure (Heroes Version)
- Tracks from Black Swan (Nina Frequency, Danka Jane)
- Tracks from Life Of Gallileo
- Tracks from M
- Problem/Question
- The Rock Drill
- Guitar Tuned To D
- Escape Velocity (unmixed)
- Here Come The Drums
- This Is Not A Game (excluding Miguel's vocals but keeping Lorde's vocals or even let her sing all of them)
- Snow/Surface (studio version)

Maybe a third disc with all the Dust Brothers tracks (even if some have already been released)?
- Song To The Siren (full lenght from the single)
- Chemical Beats (full lenght from Fourteenth Century Sky)
- One Too Many Mornungs
- Dope Coil
- Herr Jazz
- Be That Thing
- My Mercury Mouth
- If You Kling To Me I'll Klong To You
- Dust-Up Beats (full lenght eventualy replaced version, not the short one from the Wipeout games)
- Dust-Up Beats (how's this called? final version?)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 22, 2024, 13:12
@Chemicalmat how did you get the instrumental?

I already asked him that by PM last night. The answer is that it's on Confront Your Demons although clearly it's not listed as an instrumental.
I actually don't have that mix in any shape or form, but if you do, then you may already have this.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 22, 2024, 13:12
We need another compilation full with unreleased, behind the couch and hard to find tracks. Still voting for a Singles 04-24* compilation with a full blown bonus disc

Why it wasn't on some version of the single at the time, I do not know. Also it could have been on CD2 of the Singles 93-03 comp.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oops, double post technically.

If you're quick and you check 2ManyDjs instagram stories, you'll see that they've re-posted lots of fan 'stories' in their own stories - from Rock En Seine last night.
Several of the clips are of The Chems "...Dreaming", complete with animated FTBF album artwork.

In the clip from antoine_offroad the track sounds a bit different, possibly because the previous track is being mixed out? Or is it a re-edit?

In the clip from hej_malmo it does sound like regular FLIAD.

We get 2 clips from petersoze -both worth listening to. The first is similar to antoine_offroad's clip with (perhaps?) another track being mixed out.
The second is the FLIAD vocal over the top of Blue Monday which works very nicely.

And another clip of the Blue Monday/FLIAD mash up can be heard courtesy of superdigitalsd .

All these clips will probably expire in the next 5 hours, so be quick if you want to check 'em.

Individual insta pages:
Spoiler
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2024, 17:38 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Uh oh, triple post.

This is a crap advert, but Jammie Dodgers are a big deal in the UK. According to Breville, they're the 6th most popular biscuit. I guess North Americans would say cookie.

It's funny seeing Oreo at No 4 -because that's a North American cookie/biscuit that didn't even used to be available on this side of the pond (2008 according to the Breville link). I recently found out (via Better Call Saul) that Hydrox was the original brand and Oreos were/are the copycats. What sort of name is Hydrox for a biscuit/cookie?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 29, 2024, 10:24
Uh oh, triple post.

This is a crap advert, but Jammie Dodgers are a big deal in the UK. According to Breville, they're the 6th most popular biscuit. I guess North Americans would say cookie.

It's funny seeing Oreo at No 4 -because that's a North American cookie/biscuit that didn't even used to be available on this side of the pond (2008 according to the Breville link). I recently found out (via Better Call Saul) that Hydrox was the original brand and Oreos were/are the copycats. What sort of name is Hydrox for a biscuit/cookie?

Just wiki-ing Hydrox and I see the original creator is Shunshine biscuits inc. who are also responsible for one of the most addictive and popular cheese snacks here in America, Cheez-It.

I can be quite the reckless snacker, I'm sure I would like Hydrox, Oreo (already do), or whatever the fuck Jammie Dodger is.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 29, 2024, 10:24
Uh oh, triple post.
And what's the big deal about that? I don't see any problem.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 30, 2024, 11:29
And what's the big deal about that? I don't see any problem.
Truth.

I killed your ability to pull off the rare "quad", sorry @Wolkenkrabber.

I know it's the dog days and we're pretty much dry of any significant chemical brothers news, but we're really struggling to get conversations going here lately...