Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh, no, not again...
What the hell is wrong with people?  :'(
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 22, 2016, 14:39

Oh, no, not again...
What the hell is wrong with people?  :'(
It's happening again :( Attacks have become weekly now, in Burkina Faso, Mali, Tunisia, Turkey, and now in Brussels... I hope everyone from the forum is ok.

Thankfully, Jack Bauer is already there
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2016, 20:49 by Ben_j

I totally fell for this, thought we got hacked! :D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Apr 01, 2016, 07:05

I totally fell for this, thought we got hacked! :D

Yes. Snap. Whitenoise your comment #206 on the previous page looks particularly disturbing with the Gerard Way bit added. Just sayin...
Last Edit: Apr 01, 2016, 09:19 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Am I the only one? When I read "Chemical" I thought of "the Chemical Brothers"! Also, Tom and Ed are Way too hawt!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I did think my browser history had fucked up again and took me to My Chemical Romance instead. The day I decide to post this happens. faarrk. Well done on the 90's hacker style design interface.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 01, 2016, 09:13

Yes. Snap. Whitenoise your comment #206 on the previous page looks particularly disturbing with the Gerard Way bit added. Just sayin...
I knew that post was a mistake!
Last Edit: Apr 01, 2016, 17:54 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

So glad I logged in today. Very nicely done.

This will make no sense tomorrow.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Just went for a glorious sunrun* along the Portland waterfront. Listening to the Anjunadeep Podcast. Perfect soundtrack. Perfect length. Perfect weather (even if I did get a little burnt).

Whirly, I know you were asking about advice for getting into running the other day. You seemed to have a tonne of good stuff from people but for you and anyone else interested, just get out there and do it. I really cannot recommend it enough. It sucks at first, and you have to force yourself to go do it, but eventually it becomes something you want to do and you feel SO good during and after.

The best advice I ever got was that no matter how slow you go or how long it takes, try to keep running the whole time. The moment you tell yourself you can stop, the moment there's no real need to keep going. And although running fast then walking, then jogging, then walking, then jogging, is good for your heart, it wont ever build up your stamina to run for longer. So pick a distance, and run/jog the whole thing. Then walk home or around the block before you get back to cool down.

Also, obvious tip, but if you listen to music you know really well, it'll feel much shorter.

*shameless plug
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2016, 00:13 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 02, 2016, 23:49

Just went for a glorious sunrun* along the Portland waterfront. Listening to the Anjunadeep Podcast. Perfect soundtrack. Perfect length. Perfect weather (even if I did get a little burnt).

Whirly, I know you were asking about advice for getting into running the other day. You seemed to have a tonne of good stuff from people but for you and anyone else interested, just get out there and do it. I really cannot recommend it enough. It sucks at first, and you have to force yourself to go do it, but eventually it becomes something you want to do and you feel SO good during and after.

The best advice I ever got was that no matter how slow you go or how long it takes, try to keep running the whole time. The moment you tell yourself you can stop, the moment there's no real need to keep going. And although running fast then walking, then jogging, then walking, then jogging, is good for your heart, it wont ever build up your stamina to run for longer. So pick a distance, and run/jog the whole thing. Then walk home or around the block before you get back to cool down.

Also, obvious tip, but if you listen to music you know really well, it'll feel much shorter.

*shameless plug

Thank you for the tips! :D I did start back up running and am entering my third week. It feels so awesome, and I can't wait until I can go the distance and get that nice runner's high. At my age and weight, along with some previous back issues that cropped up that took me away from running a few years ago, I felt it best to ease my way back to a point where I can once again do a light jog for a half hour without the need to stop. I'm a lot heavier now than I was when I was running a few years back (pre-menopause plus sitting on my ass at work all day, yay) And just because, now my ankles are prone to swelling quite a bit after a run whereas this was not something I had to deal with previously. Getting old is the pits, haha! Anyway, within the next 2 months I'll hopefully be in a place where I've moved from the run/walk regime to a solid half hour run, then I can hone in on my distance, speed, and overall stamina.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

8)
grapes.
dates.
shapes.
wednesday.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 08, 2016, 03:26

8)
grapes.
dates.
shapes.
wednesday.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 08, 2016, 03:26

8)
grapes.
dates.
shapes.
wednesday.

Hey ,  these  are  cool  words , . . my  favourite  words  are  Rings  , Wings  , Mings  , Stings  &  Kings . . . that's  why  i  often  buy  the magazine  advertised  below  . . .

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Hey all!

Why do I constantly forget to check the new forums. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet... I'm looking for a way to look to see where replies come in to things I've previously posted. Ugh. Life is so busy sometimes!

I'm glad we still have a forum tho!
--
@KngtRdr @SevenEyeCo @9GRecords

Huzzah. The forum is back up again.

I wish I had some good news. I mean, I saw Underworld last weekend, and that was fantabulous.

But right now is a tricky time. Still trying to make the business work, and that has its difficulties. You know, too many contingency cases, not enough hourly work. So many expenses.

At least I helped a good friend figure out why the Department of Homeland Security was giving him shit.

Anyway. Here's to something coming through... ::cheers:: because we need a break.

New Uffie in the pipeline

no idea, no idea

Is she getting Ready To Uff? Woah...that was ten years ago! WTF?!?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Do not stay in the Motel 6 in Ontario, CA. I have massive bed bug bites all over my body and face. Should have listened to Enjoyed...
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!