And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 21, 2016, 01:05

Do not stay in the Motel 6 in Ontario, CA. I have massive bed bug bites all over my body and face. Should have listened to Enjoyed...

Oh no! :(

That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

I can sue them for you if you want. Seriously.

As far as I know I've never encountered bedbugs. In fact when I was a kid I thought they were a myth.
I've since read that once you've 'got' bedbugs you need to burn all your possesions as they will get in your suitcase and then everywhere. Otherwise they're always gonna be there, even if you move house. Is this true?

ps: I've also heard that you should always check the mattress when you stay somewhere new. There are usually little blood spots on the mattress if previous people have been bitten...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 21, 2016, 00:37

Woah...that was ten years ago!
Had to take a look, but yes, 10 years ago  :o

Quote from: MadPooter on Apr 21, 2016, 05:17

I can sue them for you if you want. Seriously.
better call pooter
no idea, no idea

If they don't respond to my request of a refund in the next few days, I am going to take you up on that
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you elect to stay at a Motel 6, I think you waive your rights to a bed bug free room.

A close parallel to this situation would be blaming a $2 hooker giving you the clap.

No offense...

Yeah,damn.  :'(

2016 has come down hard on music legends.

I saw him 2nd row as part of one of the best closing nights ever at Coachella.

Damn shame he'll never see Tom Thibodeau's Timber Wolves.

Goodnight Sweet Prince...

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 21, 2016, 17:34

Prince is dead :(
He died from the flu?? I guess it's possible.
NOT HAPPY
(none of his promo videos are on youtube)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Voodoo Doughnut creates tribute doughnuts for Prince

Going to head down there later and get some.

EDIT: They were sold out :(

Also, and completely unrelated...

Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016, 22:38 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/austria-presidential-election-far-right-freedom-party-comes-top-in-vote-a6998751.html

It's saddening to see how many people are reached by a policy that consist mainly of phrasemongering and the making up of bogeymans :-(
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 16:21 by Stefan

Hey kids! The husband and I are going camping out in Joshua Tree National Park this weekend. If anyone finds themselves wandering the Southern California desert this weekend, we'll be the two fuckwits either broken down off-road on the geological tour, or struggling on the hiking trails. Seriously though, wish some friends could join us. The night skies are amazing.

Oh, and how are you? Missed you guys!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I wish I were in SoCal!!! <3 <3 <3

Life continues to move forward. Slowly. I anticipate that by this time next year everything will be different.

I was in Southern California last week, meeting my girlfriends family.

I had a funkin' excellent time. Her family is amazing, I ate tonnes of delicious (and pretty terrible for me) food, saw the Dodgers whoop the Giants, went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, ate a lot of home made sushi, drove to and from Ontario and Whittier enough that I didn't need Google Maps, SAW UNDERWORLD, experienced The Coffee Bean (again, too many times), hung out with her two little cousins (age 2 and 4), watched Seinfeld, finally found a hat that suits me and just relaxed with my future family in law (ring-fingers crossed).

I really want to get out and see Joshua Tree. Next time for sure!
Be safe out there Whirly. And don't forget that water! It was only like mid 80s when we were there and I was suffering.

Anyone ever get this mesage when trying to play music on their (android) phone?:
"These files cannot be played on your device". Shortly followed by "your SD card is blank".
And then you put the card in your PC and it tells you that you need to format the SD card.
It wasn't blank! It had been formatted ages ago. It was full of music! Not happy.   >:D
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Sorry, not familiar with Android, but have you checked the card in another mobile with Android? Maybe your PC (Windows? OSX? Linux?) is not capable of reading the filesystem the card was formatted in
no idea, no idea

In my experience, SD cards sometimes go crazy and format is necessary for it to work properly.
Since PC also cannot view SD card, and it should, since it's probably FAT32 formatted, card is almost certainly unreadable.
This happened quite a few time to me on android, not once on winphone, thankfully.
This post was sponsored by Microsoft Corp.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on May 01, 2016, 14:45

In my experience, SD cards sometimes go crazy and format is necessary for it to work properly.
Since PC also cannot view SD card, and it should, since it's probably FAT32 formatted, card is almost certainly unreadable.
This happened quite a few time to me on android, not once on winphone, thankfully.
This post was sponsored by Microsoft Corp.
Ha! So basically, tough luck, this shit happens on androids. That's kinda the vibe I was getting when I googled the issue. It feels a bit like the blind leading the blind when people ask about this on ye olde internete. Glad I hadn't moved any photos from phone memory to SD card. At least with music I can put it all back on (everything on the card came from the PC). It's a pain though.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Could it be the music player you're using?

I bought GoneMad Music Player for my HTC and it's the best £2.40 I've ever spent on my phone. Proper gapless playback, complete ID3 tag editing, you can arrange artists by album artist instead of song artist, create smart playlists, have the player function over your lock screen. Loads of stuff. Highly recommend for anyone who has willingly/reluctantly replaced their mp3 player with their phone.

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 03, 2016, 14:42

Could it be the music player you're using?

I bought GoneMad Music Player for my HTC and it's the best £2.40 I've ever spent on my phone. Proper gapless playback, complete ID3 tag editing, you can arrange artists by album artist instead of song artist, create smart playlists, have the player function over your lock screen. Loads of stuff. Highly recommend for anyone who has willingly/reluctantly replaced their mp3 player with their phone.
Don't think so. Googling this subject suggests that SD cards do sometimes throw a 'wobbly'. No one has mentioned that the music player is doing this to the card. Thanks for tip though, will consider it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

"Desert Trip" Concert aka Old(coach)chella

http://home.deserttrip.com/

Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, The Who, Bob Dylan, and Neil Young

The general admission ticket price to this is actually reasonable.

This is incredibly difficulty for me to pass on, but I think I have to.

Seen Paul McCartney twice, Roger Waters twice, and have had opportunities to see The Who, Bob Dylan, and Neil Young, but have balked. The Rolling Stones is the one that lies heavy with me at the moment.

I really hope this is televised.